Legal Document Processing with RPA
26th March 2021 | By Jan Cahill
The number of documents law firms have flowing in and out of their systems on a daily basis can be staggeringly high. This represents a heavily taxing administrative task when entering client details and uploading documents into a case management system, especially when it’s a highly trained member of staff taking time out to do some admin. The good news is that by utilising RPA (Robotic Process Automation), legal document processing can become much less of a burden on a legal team, while increasing accuracy, efficiency and client satisfaction.
Introducing RPA to your Case Management System
Whether the firm specialises in conveyancing, personal injury, wills and probate, employment, financial litigation, RTA, etc., there are a wide variety of documents vital to fulfilling the client’s requirements. The issue with sending and receiving so many forms is that it creates complexity for both the client and the firm. When documents are sent digitally it can be easy for those less tech-savvy to mistake documents for one another and return duplicate forms. Not only that but if multiple forms or documents are sent out and they’re returned separately it requires extra attention and organisation to ensure they’re inputted correctly.
RPA removes that complexity and bureaucracy of legal document processing by taking care of the collection and delivery of information and documents, like digital case handlers. The robots can then add a level of regulation and error checking to the input of new information along with entering the data itself, ensuring compliance.
RPA Case Handling Features
- Input Validation – Rules surrounding what information is required from a given document can be introduced ensuring that the correct information has been entered into the case management system.
- Duplication Monitoring – The robots can recognise duplicate forms and information and flag them up internally or even make the client aware of what is missing
- Automated Correspondence Process – RPA can automate the interaction between firm and client via any channel, ensuring the correct documentation is sent to the client and received completed.
- Email Notifications and Reminders – If documents haven’t been received from the client for a number of days, the robots can send out an automated email politely prompting for their return. The same goes for internal staff if a new document is received and requires actioning.
- Self Auditing – Not only will the robots carry out their tasks but they’ll monitor their performance and provide reports. This ensures that they’re always operating at maximum efficiency.
- Agile Processing – Process rules and workflows can be changed or added with relative ease to suit changing circumstances.
- 24/7 – 365 Days Availability – The robots never sleep, they can send and receive information at any time
Legal Document Processing Benefits – RPA
- Staff Freed Up – The reduction in administration work leads to staff being freed up to take care of revenue-generating tasks
- Time Saved – Processing time is heavily reduced with immediate data entry and document upload
- Increased Accuracy – The robots are more accurate than humans and less prone to mistakes
- Client Timelines Shortened – Less time processing documentation means more time spent fulfilling client requirements
- No New Staff or Training Needed – More cost-effective too!
- Service Adapts to Changes in Volumes – The robots are always ready for whatever is thrown at them and their ability to work 24/7 allows a continuation of service even when the lights go out
If you want to read more about RPA in a legal setting, check out our claims process automation case study here
We understand that every legal firm has different requirements and the beauty of RPA is that it’s malleable where processes are concerned. If your business has requirements that aren’t covered there’s still a strong possibility that they can be achieved with RPA.
To discuss legal document processing using RPA call our team today on 0800 046 8086 or contact us.