Reduced Resources – Maintain Productivity With RPA
23rd April 2020 | By Jan Cahill
With the Coronavirus continuing to affect the UK and a large number of employees now working from home, businesses may be struggling to maintain productivity and keep processes running with reduced resources. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can provide a digital workforce solution to automate manual, rule-based activities and provide work ready data for home workers to action.
Here at Robocloud, we provide RPA as a Service, meaning there’s no upfront cost, just a simple monthly subscription scaled to suit your needs with a minimum usage of 2 hours per week. The digital workforce is able to work 24/7 to support your human employees across multiple departments, keep productivity levels high and improve business continuity.
To give you an idea of how software robots can be used as an additional resource to enhance your existing workforce, here are some examples of tasks that can be performed:-
What Tasks Can Our Digital Workforce Perform?
- Data Entry – gathering data from multiple sources to enter into your business systems is no problem for our software robots. They can follow the usual processes your staff would use, with their own unique system login to move between different systems. This allows them to provide data entry, or copy and paste activities based on your rules. Provide a fast and accurate method to enter your business data and keep everyone up to date with the latest information.
- Data Validation – Validation is an essential business process, ensuring that information is correct for use. Robotic Process Automation software can cross-check data with 3rd party systems, validate it, or compare with internal data sources to eliminate human error, improve compliance and speed up data processing.
- Scheduling – administrative activities can be scheduled for completion on a regular basis to meet your needs. Create alerts for staff, based on actionable dates, to carry out important actions and ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Reporting – Allow our digital workforce to provide reliable, scheduled data to your team. The robots can log in to multiple systems, saving your employees time on repetitive tasks and providing instant information for analysis. Allow your employees to make informed, high quality decisions based on accurate business data.
- Data Migration – Robots can be used to migrate data from one system to another. This can replace traditional programming methods, which can be expensive and take a long time to complete.
- System Integration – RPA can integrate internal and external systems securely and efficiently to allow compliant data access in multiple applications. This improves productivity by reducing the need to log into multiple systems and allows for processing speeds to be increased while saving on costs and minimising business risks.
- Perform daily HR tasks – Automate employee onboarding and offboarding using RPA and review and classify incoming HR emails based on your rules. Documents can be automatically uploaded to your HR system for authorised staff to access easily from any location to action incoming data in a compliant manner.
Free up your Finance and Accounts Payable team. Our digital workforce can perform manual finance tasks such as:-
- Month-end reporting
- Data validation
- Automatic matching and exceptions management
- Identifying duplicate invoices
- Accounts Statement Reconciliation
- Supplier Onboarding – Credit checks, KYC checks & supplier questionnaire processing
- Automate conveyancing tasks such as KYC and AML checks, with emails sent to clients at key stages to keep them updated throughout the process. Speed up your conveyancing process and save time for fee earning staff using RPA.
- Give caseworkers more time to talk to clients and improve claims processing speed. RPA can identify incoming documents, key text and dates, upload relevant documents into your case management system and send automated emails to clients.
Business Benefits – RPA As A Resource
- Speed up processing times and productivity
- Access an additional digital resource which can be used as and when required
- Save time on manual processes
- Reduce costs
- Boost customer and employee satisfaction
- Improve compliance and business continuity
- Better communication with clients
- Flexible access to information
- Quick ROI