Aerospace – RPA
The aerospace industry sees a continuous stream of data which needs to be processed and managed to meet standards set by the Civil Aviation Authority. This is often time consuming and repetitive, and can preoccupy employees from carrying out high value tasks. Thankfully, there’s a solution for this: Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
RPA provides your operation with additional support to complete these manual processes so your employees can focus on high value tasks and boost productivity. This helps improve compliance with Aerospace standards e.g. Quality Management System (AS9100) and other aviation regulatory standards.
Robocloud (part of Cleardata UK Ltd) provides RPA as a low cost, flexible service, meaning there’s no upfront investment. All you have to do is pay a simple monthly subscription. Our RPA Experts can scale and program our cloud based digital workforce to meet your industry rules and requirements.
How Can RPA Help In Aerospace?
Process improvement can be carried out by RPA in many aerospace activities to help enhance your processes to boost productivity and quality. Here’s a few examples:-
- RPA can automate a variety of administrative tasks, such as system integration and data migration. The various domains and users in the aerospace industry have different requirements and priorities such as maintenance, functional testing or airworthiness. Our digital workforce can integrate these various systems and organise the data within them accordingly to allow for easy, flexible access for approved persons. These systems can also include:-
- CRM Systems
- Legacy Systems
- New technological advancements
- MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operation) Softwares
- Validate documents to improve aviation compliance and demonstrate the correct procedures are being conducted.
- A first example is risk assessments surrounding the aircraft or work environment – validated to ensure they’re up-to-date and contain all required information including risk identification, assessment and management processes that will be implemented to mitigate the risk.
- Other documents that the bots can validate include Certificates of Conformity, airworthiness reports, maintenance records and physical aircraft records.
- Sort and update documents – Aerospace documents must be retained for the life of the aircraft and should be readily available when required by regulators, customers and suppliers. RPA can sort and update documents easily, allowing flexible access while minimising human error. Aviation documents include:-
- Maintenance records
- Travellers’ documents and Certificates of Conformity (contributing to the Aircraft Service Records)
- Toolbox and control cards
- Supplier invoices
- Release notes
- Work packs – including Aircraft Service Records
- Automate employee onboarding processes such as right to work checks and the ordering of uniforms, PPE and relevant equipment.
- Our bots can carry out automated accounts and supplier statement reconciliation, validating payments and checking for duplication in payments to save time manually checking bank statements and improve accuracy.
- The digital workforce can also automate client onboarding, automatically carrying out KYC checks such as credit checks and evidence showing affordability.
Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Automated supplier onboarding can be conducted to aid compliance and risk management, conducting supplier checks and sending supplier questionnaires.
- RPA can track stock levels for aircraft parts and determine accurate quantities for ordering. The bots can also send automated notifications to alert suppliers and customers of a shipment’s progression from ordering to delivery.
RPA Benefits In Aerospace
- Boost accuracy and minimise error
- Save time and money
- Full audit trail
- Flexible access for approved persons
- Improve regulatory compliance and safety
- Enhance performance, productivity and efficiency
- Effective quality management
- 24/7 operation
- Improved service
- Continuous updating of records
Call us on 0800 046 8086 or contact us to speak to one of our RPA Consultants and find out more about process automation in Aerospace. Start your digital transformation journey today!