Charities – RPA
RPA, or robotic process organisation, is a huge opportunity for charitable organisations to improve business processes, control employee costs and monitor performance consistently .
With a need to be as efficient as possible and provide as much funding to their dedicated cause, RPA can help keep control of a charitable organisations resources, reduce operating costs and ensure charities meet their compliance requirements for regulations such as the Charities Act 2011 and the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016.
Robocloud (part of Cleardata UK Ltd) provides RPA as a Service which can be utilised to automate many charity processes and systems. This means there’s no upfront cost or investment, only a simple monthly subscription. Our RPA Experts can scale and program the digital workforce to suit your organisation requirements and meet your rules.
Our digital workforce can operate 24/7 to provide you with work ready data. They don’t need breaks or get bored, they don’t get ill and they don’t take holidays, providing your human workers with the support they need to focus on high value tasks and boost productivity, developing meaningful relationships with donors and supporters.
How Can RPA Be Used?
RPA can provide charities with a real time view of their records, allowing them to closely engage with their supporters and ensure full compliance in all activities conducted.
- Charities can have large workforces, consisting of both volunteers and regular employees, many of whom may work from home. From a legal point of view it’s important that all employee and volunteer data is kept securely and is up to date. RPA can automate your employee and volunteer onboarding process to ensure compliance, updating records in your HR system, when necessary and automating right to work checks to ensure consistency in your recruitment processes. Check out our HR pages to find out more.
- Robocloud can automate manual tasks and activities in your accounts receivable and accounts payable departments including automated account statement reconciliation and credit checking when onboarding suppliers. To learn more read our Finance pages or watch our robot in action in the video below.
System integration and data migration
- Robocloud’s workforce can act as an integration tool between your IT systems and migrate data between them. This will reduce the need to input data multiple times, saving valuable time and resources. For example you may want to migrate data between a legacy donor management system and a new cloud based CRM system. This can also help avoid large IT system integration costs.
Sort and Update records
- RPA can sort and update a variety of records to help ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations such as GDPR. Examples of charity records include:-
- HR Records
- Sponsorship forms and donation records
- Gift Aid record keeping
- Records of grants applied for and received
- Supporter information
Incoming Mail, Forms Processing and Data Validation
- The digital workers can process incoming mail, or forms based on your rules and existing processes, validating data and uploading to your existing systems. Examples of forms include:-
- Donation forms
- Risk assessments
- Policies and compliance records
Insights and Website Support
- Automate reporting by pulling together information from multiple business systems.
- Provide automated responses via a live chat facility
- Online presence – RPA can aid in the management of your online presence, bring social media and SEO analytics to one reporting dashboard to help you focus your marketing efforts on direct marketing and donor engagement, helping you to build stronger relationships and generate more awareness.
- Improve business processes
- Save time
- Redeploy staff to work on more skills based tasks
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Improve productivity
- Automatic reporting and organisation insights
Speak to one of our RPA Consultants today to find out more about how robotic process automation can be used in your Charity. Contact us or call 0800 046 8086 to optimise your processes today!