Construction – RPA
RPA provides a digital workforce of cloud based software robots which operate around the clock and can be programmed to perform different types of tasks. Acting as a helping hand for your Finance, HR, Operations, Legal and Compliance Team. The robots can work throughout the day and overnight to pull together reports, analysis, data validation or migration tasks ready for your employees to action. They can basically perform the boring tasks that take a long time to complete, or nobody wants to do.
From onboarding new employees, managing your supply chain, maintaining health and safety and environmental compliance to validating invoices. RPA can help automate processes to allow you to keep control on your business processes and costs, avoid accidents and fines for non compliance and even prevent duplicate or fraudulent transactions.
Robocloud (part of Cleardata UK Ltd) provides RPA as a Service. This is accessed via a simple monthly subscription, which can be scaled to suit your needs and support your employees.
How Can RPA Help In Construction?
RPA can be used throughout multiple departments in your construction business, here’s a few examples:-
- Employee Onboarding – RPA can automatically onboard new employees. Providing emails and communication with new employees, sending employee handbooks and right to work checks. Check out our Employee Onboarding page to find out more.
- Ordering PPE & Equipment – RPA can automatically do this to guarantee new employees are fully prepared for work and wearing the correct gear. This is critical to the construction industry as workers are exposed to health and safety risks on a daily basis, and compliance with the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 (updated in 2002) is a necessity.
- Training – The robots can validate training dates in your HR System to ensure training and compliance requirements are up to date, e.g. CSCS cards or health and safety records.
Supplier and Client Onboarding
- Uploading data from supplier questionnaires to multiple business systems.
- Automated Credit Checking can be performed automatically. The bot can be programmed to carry this out at the point you usually would, for example, following the creation of a new client account in your CRM system. Check out our Automated Credit Checking page to see our robots in action.
Supply Chain Management
- Management of the construction supply chain and logistics can be conducted through transport management system integration, email automation and effective monitoring to keep your employees, suppliers and customers aware and updated of the stages carried out when ordering materials and equipment for projects.
- Sort and update records – our cloud based bots are able to sort and update your business records easily and validate data using intelligent data capture to minimise error. RPA is able to organise documents into the relevant project system to allow work to be allocated to the correct project manager. Examples of construction documentation include:
- Purchase orders, invoices and quotations
- Contract agreements
- Architectural drawings
- Planning applications
- System Integration – RPA can integrate and migrate data from legacy and cloud based systems used to manage construction projects.
- Email Automation & Robot Chat – In response to general queries, the bots can send out automated information, or in the case of more detailed information requests, direct the chat or email to the appropriate contact within the company.
- Reporting – Pull together reports automatically from multiple business systems.
- Account Statement Reconciliation – RPA can automatically reconcile your accounts and supplier statements. See the video below or visit one of our reconciliation pages to find out more.
- Boost productivity
- Reduce costs and errors
- Full audit trail
- Quick ROI
- Enhance quality and efficiency
- Improved satisfaction in all stakeholders
- Improved relationships with suppliers and customers
- Low cost 24/7 workforce
Speak to one of our RPA consultants today to find out how RPA can revolutionise your construction business. Contact us or call us on 0800 046 8086 to start your process automation journey today!