Healthcare – RPA
With increasing volumes of paperwork needing to be processed and managed across the NHS healthcare system, Clinical Managers, Practice Managers and even Doctors are spending more and more time carrying out administrative activities. Ranging from patient onboarding to budget management and procurement activities, these tasks can be extremely time consuming and can have a negative impact on the service that patients receive.
RPA can provide a solution to this, with a cloud based digital workforce able to automate any manual process and carry them out on a 24/7 basis – they don’t need breaks and can work through the night (a necessity in the healthcare sector).
Robocloud (part of Cleardata UK Ltd) provides RPA as a Service. Our team of RPA Ninjas can programme your digital workforce to meet your rules and requirements with no upfront investment, just a monthly subscription that can be scaled to suit your needs.
How Can RPA Be Used in Healthcare Systems?
Our bots can perform almost any manual process to ensure that your healthcare professionals are able to tend to their patients quickly and efficiently. They can be implemented into departments of your healthcare facility such as HR and Finance.
Here’s a few examples of how RPA can be used to improve the value of tasks carried out by both doctors and practice managers:-
- System Integration – RPA can be used in integrating various systems such as Electronic Health Records, legacy healthcare systems and new cloud based solutions.
- Data Migration – our bots can enable the efficient and secure transfer of patient data between multiple systems. Check out our Data Migration Services page to find out more.
- Data Validation – Validate data against your rules to ensure paperwork is compliant and meets the standards for your Practice, Trust or Hospital.
- Patient Onboarding – automate your patient onboarding process. Our digital workers can input relevant patient data into the Electronic Health Record systems (EHR). This also ensures any updates or detail changes can be added to patient records quickly and accurately.
- Automated Notifications – RPA can send out notifications to both patients and healthcare professionals regarding various activities such as:
- Prescription pick ups
- Appointment reminders
- Missed appointment alerts – in the event that a patient misses their appointment, or a doctor needs to reschedule, RPA bots can send out an automated notification with an invitation to reschedule, using the templates developed by Practice Managers.
- Drug safety alerts – this can occur when prescribing a medication that may have issues that need to be taken into account, such as allergies.
- Supply Management – the management and storage of medication and hospital stationary is a critical process and can have a direct impact on patient health. RPA can be used in managing inventory and the supply chain with automated notifications when supply levels reach the minimum threshold, and the determination of accurate order levels. This can prevent medication shortages, ensuring that patients are treated correctly. To find out more about how RPA can be implemented in inventory and supply chain management check out our Retail page.
Benefits Of RPA
- Patient records and documentation will be more accessible to healthcare staff
- Full audit trail
- Flexible access
- Improve service by allowing doctors to spend more time with patients than on clerical tasks, resulting in improved doctor-patient relationships
- Boost efficiency and data accuracy
- Minimise human error
- Improve safety and compliance
- 24/7 operation
- Improve employee satisfaction across all job roles
Contact us or call 0800 046 8086 to speak to one of our consultants and find out more about how RPA can be implemented into healthcare and start your process automation journey today.